Ventus Series Concept
We started the Ventus Ethnic Winds series to take you on a journey all over the world, capturing the tones of beautifully performed solo woodwinds outside the Western repertoire. Along with that goal, we want you to be able to create authentic performances without technology getting in the way.
Each Ventus instrument shares several key features, along with a common user interface:
1. Traditional playable articulations alongside a large pool of pre-recorded phrases that you can quickly drop into a composition for instant color.
2. An innovative ornaments system designed to automagically createdecorative techniques in real time with no extra sequencing or tweaking needed.
3. Our unique Total Articulation Control Technology (TACT) to unify and simplify the process of creating your own personal mapping setup for every instrument.
With these three features, combined with our hallmark depth of sampling and attention to detail, we know that our Ventus Ethnic Winds will become a source of endless inspiration.
The Tin Whistle
The tin whistle – or feadóg (Gaelic) – is a humble yet versatile recorder-like instrument that is firmly established as a mainstay of traditional Celtic music. Though this instrument family is among the most ancient on Earth, the tin whistle itself found its popularity in the 19th century within the United Kingdom in particular.
We chose this instrument not just for its cultural significance, but also its pure tone and incredible versatility. It can perform soaring, agile parts with gorgeous rapid ornamentation as well as slow, emotional lines that tug at your heartstrings. This flexibility has led the tin whistle to prominence in film, TV & game scoring as well, most notably in Howard Shore’s score to the Lord of the Rings film trilogy.
Our tin whistle library is performed by Josh Plotner, who captured all key articulations and playing techniques of the instrument: sustains, strikes, cuts, crans, rolls, legato, portamento, bends, phrases and much more!
- Over 3180 24-bit samples recorded through warm ribbon & room mics
- 8 types of sustain articulations
- True legato and portamento w/ adjustable settings
- 2 different release ornaments
- Classic strikes, cuts, crans & rolls
- 4 types of trills (major, minor, 2nds, 3rds)
- 450 phrases of multiple lengths and styles
- Phrases also provided as WAV
- Beautiful unified VENTUS interface
- Dozens of under-the-hood tweaking controls
- Ornament system for effortless authentic performances
- Phrase playback editor
- Easy FX rack with analog-modeled EQ, compressor, delay & reverb
- TACT – Total Articulation Control Technology for easy customization of all playing techniques
- FULL VERSION (not player) of Kontakt version 5.3.1 or higher
- 6GB disk space
- 2GB RAM (4GB recommended)
- 2008 or later processor. Your system must also meet the requirements for version 5.3.1 of Kontakt. If you cannot run that version, you will not be able to load this library.