Super Audio Cart faithfully reproduces the sound of seven classic video game systems and eight classic computers whose cultural legacy and influence has lasted far beyond their commercial lifespans. When the library was conceived, our goal was superb authenticity by deep-sampling every sound chip. But over time, we expanded our vision to shatter the limitations of the original systems and allow for near-infinite sound design possibilities.
The final, Complete version of Super Audio Cart is the culmination of 2+ years of intense research, development, and sound design. With a massive library of 14,000+ samples meticulously recorded, edited, and looped, we’ve thoroughly captured the raw capabilities of each game system or sound chip. These sounds are loaded into a custom Kontakt Player engine packed with cutting-edge features, along with 2,500+ factory snapshots to inspire both retro music, chiptunes, and modern genres.
To create this instrument, everyone involved needed a passion and deep connection to both video games and their music. That’s why we collaborated with OverClocked ReMix, a website and community dedicated to the appreciation of game music. To us, Super Audio Cart represents the ultimate tribute to that art form, and we know that it will find a place in your music for many years to come!
Super Audio Cart PC
Originally released as a separate product with the same engine, Super Audio Cart PC is now included for free in this product, Super Audio Cart Complete
Where the original SAC library focused on home video game systems, Super Audio Cart PC perfectly captures the legendary sounds of classic computer sound sets from the 80s and 90s. In these early days of computing, before multi-gigabyte hard drives and CD-quality audio, a plethora of sound generation and playback methods existed allowing for some truly unique and memorable tones.
From the digital FM synthesis of the AdLib soundcard and MSX computer, to the wonderfully lo-fi multisamples of the Amiga, to the grungy pulse-driven synthesis of the Atari’s POKEY, Super Audio Cart PC faithfully reproduces a wide range of tones.
- Seven legendary video game systems
- Eight classic home computers
- NES, FC, SNES, GB, 2600, SMS, GEN
- AMGA, Tracker, POKEY, MSX, C64
- ADLIB, AEGIS, WINGROOVE
- 14000+ samples, 1200+ sound sources
- 2500+ authentic & modern snapshots
- All-new SNES ROM sample bank
- Meticulous editing to preserve authenticity
- Recorded using actual hardware
- Four independent sound source layers
- Integrated sound source browser
- Over a dozen filter models
- 5 FX racks with 8 modules each
- Includes custom SNESVERB
- Poly arpeggiator, gate & sequencer
- 64-slot modulation matrix
- Full NKS compatibility: Komplete Kontrol & Maschine
- Compatible with the FREE Kontakt Player
- Kontakt OR Kontakt Player version 5.5.2 or higher
- 7GB disk space
- 4GB RAM
- 2008 or later processor. Your system must also meet the requirements for version 5.5.2 of Kontakt. If you cannot run that version, you will not be able to load this library.