An embossed single-diaphragm, side-address, cardioid condenser microphone for highly critical studio recording and live sound productions. The Shure KSM32 offers an extended frequency response for an open, natural sounding reproduction of the original sound source.
Designed for studio use but rugged enough for live applications, the Shure KSM32 side-address condenser microphone with cardioid polar pattern features a permanently-biased 3/4-inch diaphragm, extremely low self-noise, and an extended frequency response specially tailored for vocal tracking and instrument recording.
The Shure KSM32 microphone in champagne.
- Class A, transformerless preamplifier circuitry eliminates cross-over distortion for improved linearity across the full frequency range.
- Embossed, high-compliance diaphragm provides extended low-frequency response.
- Ultra-thin, gold-layered, low-mass, Mylar diaphragm for excellent transient response
- 15 dB attenuation switch for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL)
- Switchable low-frequency filter provides greater flexibility to reduce background noise or to counteract proximity effect.
- Integrated three-stage pop protection grille reduces “pop” and other breath noise
- Internal shock mount reduces transmission of handling noisePerformance Characteristics
- Extended frequency response
- Very low self-noise
- Exceptional low-frequency reproduction
- High output level
- High input SPL capability
- No cross-over distortion
- Extremely uniform polar response
- Superior common mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference
Some typical applications for the KSM32 are listed below. Microphone use, however, is a matter of personal taste. The KSM32 may be used for a variety of applications other than those listed.
- Voice — solo, background, voice-over, broadcasting
- Acoustic instruments — such as piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings
- Wind instruments — brass and woodwind
- Low frequency instruments — such as double bass, electric bass, kick drum
- Overhead miking — drums or percussion
- Ensembles — choral or orchestral
- Room ambiance pick-up — guitar amplifier or drums
- Type: Permanently Biased Condenser
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid/Omnidirectional
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms (actual)
- Attenuation Switch: 0 or -15 dB attenuation
- Low Frequency Response Switch: Flat; 6 db/octave below 115 Hz; -18 dB/octave below 80 Hz
- Phantom Power: 48 Vdc +/- 4 Vdc (IEC26815/DIN 45 596), positive pins 2 and 3
- Current Drain: 4.65 mA typical at 48 Vdc
- Common Mode Rejection: ≥50 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (typical, at 1000 Hz; 1 Pa = 94 dB SPL): -36 dBV/Pa (16 mV)
- Selfnoise (typical, equivalent SPL; A-weighted, IEC 651): 13 dB
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on output pin 2 relative to pin 3
- Weight: 17.3 ounces