Shreddage 3 Precision was created to be the ultimate, versatile virtual bass. capable of playing in any genre, with all the techniques a real bassist uses. We spent months planning the perfect instrument and recording setup: bassist Tony Dickinson (Trans-Siberian Orchestra) performed all the samples using a high-end, American 5-string p-bass with flatwound strings for a beautiful, detailed sound. An all-analog UA|610 DI was used to further enhance the warmth and fullness of every note.
For core playing techniques, we captured fingered, picked, and slapped playing with lots of dynamics and round-robins. Add to that tapping, pops, hammer-on/pull-off, slides, buzz trills, and harmonics, and the result is a super playable instrument that can handle nearly any riff you throw at it. Whether you’re writing rock, metal, pop, funk, jazz, or blues, Shreddage 3 Precision can fit in any mix.
Of course, this instrument also includes the same great engine features as all Shreddage 3 instruments: a highly-realistic virtual bassist engine (with multiple fretting and performance algorithms), the Console modular FX rack, and TACT 2.0 tab for totally customizable articulation mapping. It’s also fully NKS Compatible for Komplete Kontrol & Maschine users.
Welcome to the next generation of virtual bass instruments!
Console: Modular FX Rack and Mixer
Console is our new mixer, modular effects rack, and pedal board, designed to give you full control over your virtual guitar tone. Unlike our previous FX racks, which were limited to a small amount of preset modules, Console gives you 30 effects modules to choose from!
These include multiple EQs (digital and analog-style), compressors, spatial FX, modulation FX, amps, distortion pedals, reverbs, and a selection of over 30 custom cabinet IRs recorded just for Shreddage 3! These cabs cover all the most important sounds you would want, with both dynamic & condenser mics in multiple positions plus a ribbon mic for certain models.
Using Console, you can easily save and load FX chains or presets between projects or even different Shreddage 3 products. It also allows you to mix and blend between guitar pickups, with custom inserts on each if you’d like.
Total Articulation Control Technology (TACT) 2.0
Shreddage 3 Precision includes an updated version of TACT, allowing you to customize how all articulations are mapped and triggered! Everyone has their own preferences for how to perform or write for virtual guitar, and with TACT you can create the perfect setup for your DAW.
- Electric p-bass with 5 flatwound strings
- Pristine, super warm analog signal chain
- Fingered, picked, and slapped playing
- Finger & slap staccatos
- Finger & pick mutes
- Hammer-on & pull-off (finger & slap)
- Slides, harmonics, buzz trills
- Cutting edge virtual bass engine
- Beautiful, expanded UI for easier editing
- New POLY INPUT feature for realistic chords
- Multiple fret & string voicing algorithms
- New STRUMMING tab for custom rhythm parts
- CONSOLE: Modular rack & mixer w/ 30+ FX
- Includes TACT 2.0 for articulation mapping
- 28 production-ready CONSOLE tone snapshots
- KONTAKT PLAYER version 5.7 or higher
- 4GB disk space
- 4GB RAM
- Your system must also meet the requirements for version 5.7 of Kontakt Player. If you cannot run that version, you will not be able to load the Kontakt instrument.