Shreddage 3 Legacy is a modern update of the original, groundbreaking Shreddage virtual instrument, first released in 2010. This instrument set a new standard, showcasing stunning realism for high-gain rock & metal rhythm parts. Composers and producers have long enjoyed its aggressive 6-string tone, which features a popular “Standard” guitar. However, the original instrument had a somewhat limited sample pool, lacking per-fret sampling and the note range to perform convincing leads.
That all changes with Shreddage 3 Legacy. Using state-of-the-art tools and a pinch of audio magic, we’ve taken the original sample pool and expanded it via meticulous offline pitch-shifting to cover every fret on all six strings. The result is a far more playable instrument that can now perform strums and leads – not just chunky rhythm parts!
Now, combined with the power of the Shreddage 3 engine and Console FX rack, you can compose and perform using the original, unmatched Shreddage guitar tone with more features and realism than ever. Full NKS integration and Total Articulation Control Technology (TACT) also give you the tools to fully customize the instrument just the way you want it.
Welcome to the next generation of virtual guitar instruments!
Console: Modular FX Rack and Mixer
Console is our new mixer, modular effects rack, and pedal board, designed to give you full control over your virtual guitar tone. Unlike our previous FX racks, which were limited to a small amount of preset modules, Console gives you 30 effects modules to choose from!
These include multiple EQs (digital and analog-style), compressors, spatial FX, modulation FX, amps, distortion pedals, reverbs, and a selection of over 30 custom cabinet IRs recorded just for Shreddage 3! These cabs cover all the most important sounds you would want, with both dynamic & condenser mics in multiple positions plus a ribbon mic for certain models.
Using Console, you can easily save and load FX chains or presets between projects or even different Shreddage 3 products. It also allows you to mix and blend between guitar pickups, with custom inserts on each if you’d like.
Total Articulation Control Technology (TACT) 2.0
Shreddage 3 Legacy includes an updated version of TACT, allowing you to customize how all articulations are mapped and triggered! Everyone has their own preferences for how to perform or write for virtual guitar, and with TACT you can create the perfect setup for your DAW.
- Greatly expanded sample set from Shreddage 1
- 6 strings, low string drop tuned to Bb
- Sustains, powerchords, palm mutes
- Staccatos, grace note slides
- Harmonics, pinch harmonics, tapping, FX
- Hammer-on/pull-off, portamento
- Tremolo, fingered vibrato
- Unpitched & pitched release noises
- Rakes, muted chokes, DI line noise
- Cutting edge virtual guitarist engine
- Beautiful, expanded UI for easier editing
- New POLY INPUT feature for realistic chords
- Multiple fret & string voicing algorithms
- New STRUMMING tab for custom rhythm parts
- CONSOLE: Modular rack & mixer w/ 30+ FX
- Includes TACT 2.0 for articulation mapping
- 45 production-ready CONSOLE tone snapshots
- KONTAKT PLAYER version 5.7 or higher
- 3GB disk space
- 6GB RAM
- Your system must also meet the requirements for version 5.7 of Kontakt Player. If you cannot run that version, you will not be able to load the Kontakt instrument.