MINIMONSTA IS AN AWARD WINNING, HIGHLY DETAILED AND ACCURATE EMULATION OF THE ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT WITH HEAPS OF ATTITUDE.
We think of it as a Mini emulation on steroids because, until Minimonsta, numerous clones simply attempted to copy the original instrument and then add one or two features such as polyphony and another LFO, Minimonsta takes a radically different look at this vintage masterpiece and operates on two levels.
It comes with over 6000 factory patches (including many from Rick Wakeman). All original features including 3 oscillators and the famous 4-pole, 24dB/octave filter. Additional LFO & ADSR for modulation of almost every parameter making it the most programmable one.
XLFO & XADSR SELECTION
This section enables you to apply an additional, advanced LFO & XADSR to most panel parameters. When a modulation is applied, a knob’s text lights blue indicating a modulator is applied. With Copy/Paste LFO & XADSR settings can be applied to additional parameters.
The Minimonsta filter was modelled from an early generation Minimoog complete with its own foibles and unique character, and as such it will sound slightly different to other Mini emulations. This is entirely deliberate.
- Firstly, on the Mini level you have all the features and sounds of the Model D including accurate waveforms, a painstakingly accurate resonant filter, snappy ADS envelope generators and the wonderful Mini loop-feedback function. Using just these parameters, Minimonsta has a huge tonal range from fat to fierce and from searing to sharp sizzles. However, there is also another dark side to the beast, and it’s here where you can unleash a full-on Monsta.
- Instead of being shackled to a single LFO as per the original instrument, it’s possible to assign an LFO to almost any original Mini parameter including filter cutoff, resonance, individual oscillator volumes, even each envelope parameter. What’s more, each LFO has several waveforms, sync, and delay options from which to choose. Additionally, for every parameter to which you can apply an LFO, it’s also possible to apply an extra ADSR.
- Finally, there’s also the ability to assign MIDI modulation to any original Mini parameter and create effects such as dynamic glide times or velocity response to filter (both positive and negative). Put simply, the scope for sound design and sonic creativity is limitless.
- And if the above isn’t enough, you can also dynamically morph between twelve patches within a Meta-Patch thanks to the unique Melohman octave. This takes a static software instrument and adds serious performance and dynamic real-time control possibilities – a boon to those real players out there who want to add life into their performances while remaining in constant contact with the keyboard.
- With the extra LFOs, ADSRs, hugely versatile dynamic MIDI control and the Melohman octave you’ll soon realize while there are many Mini clones out there, there is only one true Monsta!
Minimonsta is a virtual instrument in the following formats:
- Standalone Application
The Minimum System Requirements are as follows:
- Intel Mac
- macOS 10.7 to 10.15.x
*Minimonsta DOES NOT WORK with macOS Big Sur at this time.
Minimonsta is a 32/64 bit virtual instrument in the following formats:
The minimum system requirements are as follows:
- Intel Pentium IV 1GHz with 1GB RAM
- Windows XP SP2
- Analog modelling of the legendary ‘Model D’
- All original features including 3 oscillators and the famous 4-pole, 24dB/octave filter
- Fully programmable with over 6000 factory patches (including many from Rick Wakeman)
- Additional LFO & ADSR for modulation of almost every parameter
- Monophonic, polyphonic, legato and unison trigger modes
- Vast MIDI control possibilities
- Real-time morphing between up to twelve patches via keyboard control
- External input allows filter to be used as plug-in effect
- Delay effect
- Full automation support