This processor uses peak clipping to tame unruly peaks, rather than the usual peak limiting, giving you another dynamics control option. Peak clipping is often a more transparent process than standard peak limiting, which is why mastering engineers often employ it. Despite its powerful engine, the Classic T-RackS Clipper is easy to use, with only: Gain, Slope, and Output controls.
On top of acting as a last stage dynamic control, another clever use of this processor is to generate harmonic saturation: when set for high gain and lower output the track will get a range of saturation which, according to the levels set can go from some mild harmonics to a very pronounced distortion. This can be a very handy tool to breathe some more life and presence in a cold and sterile track, giving it boldness and personality, or to achieve some very special creative distortion effects, where a track processes with the T-RackS clipper will sound completely different.
- Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application
- High-quality oversampling
- High-precision and high-transparency digital processors
- Accurately analog-modeled vintage classic devices
- Full-latency compensation support
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- DSM™ and SCC™ proprietary IK technologies for extremely accurate digital models of analog hardware devices
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
T-RackS 5 is a 64-bit application and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.9 or later.
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows® 7, Windows® 8 or Windows® 10. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
NOTE: EQual processor requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.
Internet connection is required as all of the Custom Shop operations are web based.