Typical post productions require distorted, or ‘futzed’ versions of dialog and other tracks. Simulations of radios, cell phones, and televisions are now available in a single software product. These simulations, called SIMs (Synthetic Impulse Models) provide accurate modeling in an extremely optimized format, allowing FutzBox to use less dsp power than conventional convolution based products. Furthermore, SIMs can be scaled in real-time and changed on the fly.
In addition to the SIM library of sounds, FutzBox also includes filtering and EQ, distortion, a noise generator, and gating to complete the sonic destruction required. Original and distorted audio can be mixed in real-time to accommodate scene changes or other automation requirements.
- Library of Synthetic Impulse Models (SIMs)
- Configurable ‘futz’ effects including filtering, EQ, and distortion
- Flexible noise generator with ducking capability
- Hyper-sensitive gate for signal dropout effects
- Double precision processing
- Low Latency
- Mono and stereo versions
- HD v6: AAX DSP/Native, AU, VST3
- Native v6: AAX Native, AU, VST3
– Roll off the low end of the audio using the high pass audio filter
– Use the EQ to add ‘presence’ to the distortion audio
– Experiment with the Scale control in the SIM section when a SIM preset is ‘almost’ what you need