The Blue Cat’s Axiom application and plug-in, Blue Cat’s multi-effects processor and amp simulator for guitar and bass, already contains built-in versions of Blue Cat’s Destructor, Re-Guitar, Hot Tuna and Late Replies. The independent and full versions of these plug-ins are part of this bundle and will allow you to use them outside of Axiom, anywhere in your favourite DAW.
The package also includes the AcouFiend feedback simulator to help you make your guitars scream. And with the Blue Cat’s PatchWork plug-ins chainer and multi-fx, you can extend the capabilities of Axiom, with even more flexibility: host more plug-ins and build reusable parallel effects chains easily, or create rich synth patches for your backing tracks.
Find out more information about the products included in this bundle below…
Blue Cat’s AcouFiend
Blue Cat’s AcouFiend is an acoustic feedback simulator plug-in that can make your guitars scream, growl, or sing, even at low volume or through headphones, and it gives you total control over it!
AcouFiend simulates the acoustic feedback (a.k.a “Larsen effect”) well known to guitarists playing loud and close to their speaker… Except that here, you have total control over the effect.
You can choose when and how to trigger the feedback, on sustained notes or chords. The plug-in lets you select the main harmonic of the feedback, and you can even choose to transpose it for more creative effects. Of course, it can be entirely automated or controlled via MIDI. And since it is a plug-in, it is not just for guitars: create screaming synths, sustained vocal harmonies and more.
- Acoustic feedback simulator.
- Total control over the feedback: adjust the rise and fall time, the sensitivity to pitch and amplitude changes, and the generated harmonic.
- Supports chords.
- Limit the range of notes that can produce feedback.
- Transpose the feedback signal to create harmonies.
- No latency.
Blue Cat’s Axiom
Blue Cat’s Axiom is a powerful and open multi-effects processor and amp simulation software for guitar and bass. Based on the acclaimed Destructor plug-in for amp simulations, Axiom offers an infinite number of exceptional tones for your axe.
It includes two amp simulations channels (with pre and post effects) that can be mixed together or used alternatively like a real amp. You can choose your amp models from hundreds of presets or launch the amp editor to build your own, with complete control over the tone. Additional input and master sections let you adjust the tone at the input and the output of Axiom, with 4 additional effect slots each and an integrated high precision tuner. A brickwall limiter also protects the output from overshoot.
Axiom includes 40 built-in effects that can be loaded in any of the 32 plug-in slots, including a built-in version of Late Replies for creative delays and reverbs, and a built-in version of Destructor to add your own distortion pedals, cabinets or additional amp simulations.
Blue Cat’s Axiom is not limited to its built-in effects: these slots can also host third party Audio Unit, VST or VST3 plug-ins: you can use your favourite plug-ins anywhere in the signal chain and expand Axiom’s capabilities.
And because playing alone is not so much fun, we have added a tools section with 3 additional slots to load virtual instruments: add a metronome, a drum machine, sequencer or your keyboardist’s favourite synthesizer there to get it mixed with your guitar.
If you are looking for amp simulation software without the effects, see the Destructor plug-in. For a plug-in host & multi-effects processor without amp simulation, check out Blue Cat’s PatchWork.
Credits: this plug-in includes several factory presets created by Hans Van Even.
- Powerful and unlimited multi-effects processor and amp modelling software for guitar and bass.
- Realistic and fully customizable amp simulation based on Blue Cat’s Destructor.
- Flexible routing: 2 parallel amp simulation channels with effects + input and master sections.
- 40 high-quality built-in effects: wah, delays, reverb, pitch bender, EQ, filters, distortion units, compressor, gate, chorus, flanger…
- Includes Blue Cat’s Destructor and Late Replies as built-in effects.
- Built-in high precision tuner.
- Open and extensible: load any third party VST, VST3 or Audio Unit (AU) plug-in.
- Delivered with thousands of presets for all sections and built-in effects.
- Load third party virtual instruments to play along.
- Global stereo spread control.
- Lock sections to prevent changes when loading presets.
- No latency.
Blue Cat’s Destructor
Blue Cat’s Destructor is a powerful distortion and amp sim modelling tool capable of simulating any kind of distortion – from harsh digital destruction to smooth compression or guitar amp simulation (works for clean tones too)! And most importantly, yours!
It is delivered with hundreds of presets and predefined models, either inspired by existing gear (guitar & bass amps or cabinets, compressors, pedals, tape machine)… or created by our destructive minds.
But the plug-in is not limited to these predefined models – all parameters of existing presets are fully editable, which gives you access to an unlimited number of distortion simulations – no need to purchase extra presets or amp models to build your custom tone.
Based on a perceptual model rather than on electronic designs or impulse responses, the signal chain is reduced to its bare minimum, simplifying the process of tweaking the tone and making it fit into the mix.
Thanks to its exclusive adaptive shaper, it is reactive to the playing of instrumentists, providing a very natural feeling, similar to analogue gear.
To make the look and feel of the plug-in fit with your favourite tones, it is bundled with more than 1400 visual styles that can be selected separately for each module.
It is also possible to import reference curves measured with Blue Cat’s FreqAnalyst Multi to quickly match existing tones.
The plug-in can be loaded into Blue Cat’s PatchWork to be used as a standalone application, where it can be combined with other effects to build your tone.
For frequency-selective or multiband distortion, the plug-in can be used in combination with Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer.
Typical applications – Distortion modelling, guitar amp simulation, non-linear tone-shaping channel strip, overdrive, bit crushing, analogue compression, hard & soft clipping, colouring, tape saturation, Lo-fi, fuzz, digital noise, aliasing, filter effects.
- Powerful distortion and amp modelling tool.
- Simulate any kind of distortion: analogue or digital, guitar and bass amps, saturation, clipping, compression, bit crushing…
- Works for “clean” sounds too.
- Get started with several hundreds of fully editable presets, inspired by real gear.
- More than 1400 visual styles to customize the user experience.
- Control the dynamics with the input gate and compressor.
- Control the tone with the pre and post-filters.
- Exclusive shape dynamics control: adapt the tone to the dynamics of the signal.
- Use the internal or external side chain to trigger the distortion.
- Protect your ears with the output brickwall limiter.
- Comprehensive visual feedback: real-time spectrum analysis, dynamic distortion curve display with embedded signal histograms.
Blue Cat’s Late Replies
Blue Cat’s Late Replies is a powerful delay and multi effects plug-in that can be indefinitely extended by hosting third party VST, VST3 or AU plug-ins anywhere in the signal path.
With its unique topology, the plug-in is a full-featured delay machine with unlimited powers: both the 8 taps pattern module and the two nested feedback loops include plug-in slots that can host built-in effects or third party plug-ins.
So it’s not just about delays! The plug-in includes 25 built-in effects to further manipulate the delay lines: modulation effects, EQ and filters, dynamics processors, pitch and frequency shifters, wave shaper…
With the integrated ducker and its side chain input, ducking delays or reverbs has never been so easy.
Blue Cat’s Late Replies is delivered with hundreds of presets producing many kinds of audio effects: classic delays, rhythmic or melodic patterns, reverbs, vintage echoes, shimmer effects, sci-fi sounds…
Credits: This plug-in includes several factory presets created by Sink and Hans Van Even.
- Powerful delay with built-in effects and third party plug-ins support.
- 8 taps pattern section with integrated mixer and plug-ins slots.
- 2 feedback loops with crossfeed and plug-ins slots.
- 25 built-in effects: EQ, filters, pitch & frequency shifter, delays, modulation effects, compressor, gate, bit crusher, wave shaper and more.
- Supports third party VST, VST3 and Audio Unit plug-ins, with latency compensation.
- Tempo/Host Synchronisation.
- Global stereo spread control.
- Several hundreds of fully editable presets.
- Integrated ducking, with internal and external side chain.
- Comprehensive visual feedback with detailed impulse response display.
- Protect your ears with the included feedback and output brickwall limiters.
- No latency.
Blue Cat’s Hot Tuna
Blue Cat’s Hot Tuna is a high precision chromatic tuner plug-in that can dim or mute the signal when active. The reference frequency can be adjusted to support any type of tuning. Hot Tuna is a very simple yet powerful plug-in: you can freely adjust the amount of dimming, an indispensable feature for live gigs!
The reference frequency can be changed (from 430 to 450 Hz), when non-standard tuning is required. Most of the processing is performed in the background so that the tuner does not impact the performance of the real-time audio engine of the host.
All in all, it is a very simple plug-in that will keep you safely in tune!
- High precision tuner plug-in.
- Dim or mute the signal when active.
- Adjust the reference frequency from 430 to 450 Hz.
- Processing performed in the background, not impacting real-time audio.
Blue Cat’s Patchwork
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is a universal plug-ins patchbay that can host up to 64 VST, VST3 or Audio Unit plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) in one instance.
It is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently. This lets you create your favorite effects or instruments configurations within the plug-in, without the need for multiple busses. These configurations can be saved as presets and recalled instantly, or shared with multiple DAWs, using any plug-in format (full list below).
Despite the name, you can forget about wires or cables: configuring plug-ins routing is as simple as adding or removing a row or a column in the rack’s matrix. All plug-ins can also communicate with each other or with the host application using the virtual MIDI ports offered by the plug-in.
For each plug-in slot, latency compensation, presets management, undo/redo integration, audio i/o selection and individual plug-in bypass are included for optimal operation. The plug-in also stores the position of the window for each plug-in so that the layout is restored with your session or saved with presets.
Also, sub plug-ins can be automated or controlled with external control surfaces using Blue Cat’s PatchWork parameters mapping capabilities.
This product is available as an audio plug-in (effect or a virtual instrument) and standalone application so that it can used alone or inserted on any type of track in your favorite DAW, with up to 16 audio channels.
Input and output level meters are also available to monitor the signal that is dispatched to inserted plug-ins, including side chain and aux channels.
- Plugins Host
- Custom Channel Strip
- Parallel Processing
- Effects Chainer
- Virtual Bussing
- Virtual Instrument
- Share Bus and Plugins Configurations between DAWs
- VST or Audio Unit to AAX
- Audio Unit
- RTAS or DirectX Plugin Adapter
- Effect Chains A/B Comparison
- Standalone Audio Processing Application
- Configurable VST, VST3 or Audio Unit plug-ins rack: host up to 64 third party plug-ins or instruments in series or parallel.
- Available as an effect, virtual instrument or standalone application.
- Build your own effects chains: up to 8 “pre” and “post” plug-ins slots to chain plug-ins in series.
- Parallel processing made easy: up to 8 parallel plug-ins chains, with phase flip, solo and gain controls.
- Host up to 8 virtual instruments in parallel and mix them within the plug-in.
- Global Dry/Wet control (Mix).
- Parameters Mapping: map sub plug-ins parameters to automate them or use a control surface.
- Flexible MIDI routing: connect sub plug-ins together or with the host application.
- Flexible Audio routing: connect sub plug-ins i/o to any audio channel.
- External side chain and multiple outputs support.
- Link pre and post gains for automatic gain compensation.
- Cut, Copy and paste plug-ins with their settings between slots.
- Recall complex processing setups and plug-ins layouts with one click and share them between your DAWs.
- Input and output levels monitoring.
- Plug-ins Latency compensation.
- Supports VST Shell plug-ins.
- Integrated undo/redo.
- Fully customizable user interface, with multiple sizes.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- For the plug-in, any DirectX / VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
- For the standalone application, an ASIO, MME or WASAPI compatible audio interface (ASIO recommended).
Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS Lion 10.7 and higher.
- For the plug-in, any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / AAX compatible application.
- For the standalone application, a Core Audio compatible audio interface.